Leaving the Valley Behind

I’d like to say that I’m not one to turn down a dare, but I totally am. I’m too nervous and cautious, and will overthink any bet you set down in front of me. But today I’m taking on a challenge. A kind of stupid one, but not life endangering stupid, so I can get behind it.

My friend Catherine and I have challenged each other to blog every day in November. And today, November first, is go time. I’m excited and nervous- which, if we’re being honest, is kind of my favorite feeling.

Today’s post is something of an introduction. It’s the warm up before the marathon that is writing a story every day for another 29 days.

AS IF. 
So here’s to a month full of new stories and sharing new experiences. A month of doing something a little bit stupid, that I shouldn't make the time for, but will because it makes me happy.  A month of overly emotional drabbles of feelings and trying to make bad jokes that make me laugh and make my brother think I’m crazy.

I’m looking at this as a chance to explore my own writing a little bit. Improve, learn, try very very hard not to use the word “like” every other sentence like some kind of 90’s Valley girl straight out of ‘Clueless.’

Cher Horowitz is cool and smart, but not quite my academic role model. She gets to make out with Paul Rudd, though, so like.... trade off? I have now alienated the 90% of the world who think that Clueless is a stupid movie, but i am ok with that because those 90% of people are wrong.

Any how... LET’S DO THIS. Happy November, ya’ll! 

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment