Listicle




A very partial list of things I found in my backpack as I attempted to get ready for the first day of classes:
1) a note that said “find EVERY GLOWSTICK” in handwriting I didn’t recognize.
2) an epi-pen
3) a human tooth
4) two service readings
5) a sports whistle and a train whistle
6) a cootie catcher
7) so many weird notes about ever weirder stories from unit meetings this summer.

A very partial list of things I found in my backpack as I attempted to pack for URJ Biennial:
1)  Five friendship bracelets
2) A pack of notecards with facts about fish, held together with a rubber band that had seen much better days.
3) A pen that has the girl scout code on it, even though I was only a girl scout for about three weeks about a dozen years ago.
4) Four packs of tissues.
5) A pair of headphones much bigger then my head.
6) a laptop cord for a laptop that I haven’t owned in at least two years.
7) a folder that I covered completely in the same doodle, over and over again.

A very partial list of things I found in my backpack as I headed back to school from URJ Biennial:
1) Five water bottles
2) business cards from people in 10 states and 3 countries. Graduation is coming at a rate that makes me nervous.
3) A t-shirt that I left in New England, brought back to me by someone from New Jersey.
4) So. Many. Stickers.
5) Band-aids for all my blisters.
6) A nametag, wrinkled and worn, with pins from my camps and ribbons from my friends and the phrase STAFF in big bold letters.


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment