Favorite Things

A non-complete list of my 10 current favorite things, based off of a very good evening spent at home on a Thursday night:

1) The soft reflection of street lights, glowing on pavement just after the rain. The slick shine on a quiet suburban street as I stand barefoot on my driveway and listen to water dripping from the trees.
2) When no one else is home and I put on a playlist of songs that I know every single word to and I glide around the hardwood kitchen floor in fuzzy socks while I cook myself dinner and dance in a way that just about anyone would laugh at.
3) Sweatshirts that are three sizes too big that have sleeves that end way past my fingertips. Snuggling in under blankets with mugs of tea that are bigger then my face and a pile of books to read.
4) The chalkboard in the kitchen where my mother, in her loopy handwriting writes strange and silly and lovely things. It’s like a running gag in the back of the sitcom that is my family.
5) The distinctive clack of keyboard keys as I finally feel like the words are finally flowing between my brain and my computer screen.
6) The fishtank my mother got when my brother and I both left for school, so she would have something to channel all of her worry in to, while Daniel and I were too far away for her to worry about us in a physical way. There are a dozen are so brightly colored fish in there and snails that my mother can never seem to get rid of. It makes a soft and soothing bubbling noise that I can hear in the quiet when I am the only one at home.
7) Documentaries on Netflix that you can only find by clicking around for 15 minutes and following from a “recommended” page to a “recommended” page with summaries that make no sense and soundtracks straight from an indie rock daydream.
8) Adobe lightroom.
9) Text messages that are more emoji then word from people who I love and people who I miss and people who make me smile.
10) Having things to do that keep my brain busy and people to talk to that keep my heart full.


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment