Previously, On Lost

I have a problem. And that problem is season 4 of Lost and the horrible horrible things it is doing to my emotions.

I wasn’t in to Lost when it originally aired in 2004. I had other things going on, and the show seemed so big and intimidating and scary and so not for me.

Last year a few of my friends and I started watching together from the beginning. Two of them had seen it before, two of us had not. It was good, and it was interesting and I really enjoyed it but I had no idea what was coming. What was coming was heart break and devastation and anxiety and joy and love and the full spectrum of human emotion and how can a TV show make me feel so many feelings at the same time?

I would like to take a moment to remind anyone reading this that I am, as of this writing, on season 4 episode 9 of Lost. If you spoil anything past that point for me I am not afraid to cause you bodily harm and/or cry loudly in your direction.


This show is just an emotional rollercoaster that I was not expecting, but now I’m strapped in and I can’t get off. It results in a lot of facebook chats to my friend Catherine that look a lot like this:
This chat is named "Jordan has EMOTIONS about Lost"
which is very, very accurate
Lost is completely unlike anything else I watch. I’m usually more of a witty comedy, workplace sitcom, type of girl. With the obvious exception of Buffy, action has never been my thing. But I’m completely hooked. Even if i refuse to watch it while it's dark out, because i don't want to have nightmares forever.  

It’s crazy, I don’t understand anything that is happening and somehow I still love it. And also hate it. It’s complicated, but the point is I AM VERY EMOTIONAL ABOUT THIS SHOW.
#actualscociopathbenlinus is going to be my contribution to the Lost
fandom. YOU ARE WELCOME.




Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment