Summer in Transition

I’m in kind of a strange place right now. A state of in between.  I’m past the ends and before the beginnings and stuck somewhere in the middle, uncertain and excited. I have a strange chunk of summer right now, where I’m back in Bowie. It’s after Hiram, but before camp. After leaving one school, but before starting another.  

And, in this state of in between, I don’t have much to do. I’ve seen a few friends, read a few books, watched an obscene amount of Friday Night Lights, spent way way too much time on the internet, and I’m reaching the point where I feel like I’ve been here too long.

Soon I’ll be at camp, and so busy that I won’t even be able to fathom a time where I didn’t have a million things on my plate. Soon I’ll be surrounded by trees and songs and hundreds of smiling faces and kids who want a hug. Soon I’ll be at a new school, meeting new people, and trying new things.


But for now, I wait. I sit in Bowie and watch Netflix. I annoy my little brother. I take the dog on walks that are too long for her, and we both come home panting and tired. I think about all of the things to come. 


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment